What is gastric sleeve?
It is a bariatric procedure, in which the permanent removal of 80% of the stomach is removed, the new stomach remains with a tube-like shape (sleeve), with a capacity of 100ml.
How much weight do you lose?
The weight loss estimated by the gastric sleeve is 60% of the excess body weight. Weight loss depends on three factors.
- Surgery (gastric sleeve)
- Physical activity
What are the benefits of the gastric sleeve?
- Control or disappearance of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, fatty liver, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, etc.
- No more risks or complications due to obesity
- Improve your quality of life
- You increase your life expectancy
- Improves joint problems (spine, knee, ankles, neck)
- Weight loss similar to other bariatric procedures (gastric bypass)
- Lower surgical risks compared to gastric bypass
- Gradual weight loss, which prevents decompensation
How to prepare before the surgery?
With the help of our nutritionis specializing in bariatric surgery, it begins several weeks earlier, making changes in the patient’s diet to lose weight prior to surgery, which will help to perform a safer surgery and recovery without complications.
THE DECISION THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE