- What is obesity?
It is a chronic disease, characterized by excess body fat, greater than 30% body mass index (BMI), resulting in alternations in the body that makes it susceptible to the development of multiple diseases.
- How can i know if i have obesity?
It is determined by calculating the body mass index (BMI), using a simple formula, which reveals the percentage of excess weight.
BMI = weight (kg) height (meters) 2
Example: 90kg (height 1.70×1.70m) = 90 2.89 = 31%
IMC mayor a 30% es diagnostico de OBESIDAD
3- How does obesity affect my health?
- Reduces the life expectancy to 5 – 8 years
- Produces fatty liver
- Increased risk of suffering from diabetes, hypertension, heart attacks, infertility
- Increased risk of cancer (colon, stomach, breast, liver, gallbladder)
- Joint problems (spine, knees, ankles)
- Alterations of sleep (sleep apnea, insomnia, chronic fatigue)
4- What is bariatric surgery?
Surgical procedures performed with the objective of decreasing excess body weight, for the treatment of obesity and its complications. Bariatric treatment has been proven to have a high success rate in the long term.
Surgical procedures performed with the objective
5- How much weight is lost?
The estimated weight loss secondary to bariatric procedure ranges from 60% to 70% of the excess body weight. The weight loss depends on 3 factors.
- Physical activity
It is essential to obtain an optimal result, to properly carry the new diet regimen and work alongside with a professional physical instructor to customize physical activity according to their capacity.
IT’S NOT ABOUT LOOKS, IT’S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH